Thursday, November 5, 2009

Welcome!

Hello all. I have decided to start blogging. I realize that this will probably be more of an outlet for me to write out my random thoughts than other people actually caring enough to read them all! Oh well - it's ok to be a little selfish now and then. A little about what may be included in here: thoughts on my life or that of my family (husband Mason and baby-to-be Xavier); thoughts on my work (high school math teacher at a Christian school); thoughts on my pets (Golden Retriever Ike and Daisy Dog Merlin); thoughts on devotions or sermons; random knitting projects and personal patterns.

As I write this first entry, I am 38 weeks pregnant with our first son, Xavier. I have been out of work for 6 weeks because I was threatening early labor. Of course God is enjoying this little bit of irony in that nothing has progressed since then, so it is likely that now I could make it to my due date of Novemeber 20 or beyond. I'm still holding out hope that something will happen before then! The hardest part of the sitting and waiting is being away from work. I really love what I do and miss my students. By nature I am a planner and like having my life scheduled and orderly, so God is definitely using this time to teach me some lessons before I become a mother. The two verses that He keeps drawing me to are: Matt 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" and James 4:14 "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." I have always been drawn to these verses because of my tendency to schedule and plan, but throughout this pregnancy they have taken on a new and stronger meaning as I have really had to rely on God's promise of perfect timing.

I have a lot more that I could say, but I think I will save it for a later date and just start with this. Thanks for taking the time to read :-)

3 comments:

  1. "As I write this first entry, I am 38 weeks pregnant with my Mason and my first son, Xavier."

    You are pregnant with Mason AND Xavier... this is news to me :) Congrats on that! Just kidding... its just funny the way it reads. I hope you enjoy blogging and it keeps you busy while you wait for Xavier to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok Amy I'll go fix that :-) I need proofreaders...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure you are for our son and our grandson. God chose you specifically for them before time EVEN began.
    Your intense faith will have a HUGE impact on Xavier as well as all who watch how you handle it.
    We love you and I can't wait for each new entry on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete