Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Devotions the 17:18 way

Hello. I wanted to share with you all a great devotional method/book that I was given recently. I have really struggled recently to be consistent in my devotional time. I looked for a book that would get me into the Bible and not just tell me about the Bible or someone's interpretation of it. I was at a loss. I really just wanted to be able to study the Word. I have tried reading through the Bible several times, but I always get stuck and give up about half way through the Old Testament. So, a few weeks ago a board member at my school gave all of the staff members a book that he wrote/created to handwrite the Bible. He was inspired by Deut 17:18 where the king was instructed to write his own copy of the law. The first release of the 17:18 series is Proverbs. This book has you write out the actual text of Proverbs on the right hand side of a journal and gives room for notes and a few leading questions on the left hand side pages. This has been an awesome way for me to read through Proverbs, taking time to really focus on what I am reading because I have to pay enough attention to write it, and gives me room to think, reflect, and make connections at the same time. If you are looking for a new way to get into the Bible try this series. Right now it is only available from the author or by special order through Baker Book House in Grand Rapids (I'm sure it can be shipped to those of you out of area).
http://www.bakerbookretail.com/contact.asp
http://www.the1718series.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment