Friday, November 20, 2009

12:01

Two very exciting things happened for me at 12:01 AM today (Friday, November 20): I got to go to a midnight showing of Twilight Saga: New Moon and my official due date arrived. Despite what everybody said when I told them I was going to go to the movie, my water didn't break half-way through! The movie was great and I was actually, for the first time in a long time, happy that Xavier held off his arrival to allow me to see it.

This morning (after sleeping in later than usual to make up for not getting home until about 2:30), I read a blog by a lady that calls herself SouleMama, as I do every morning. Today's post couldn't have been more perfect - it's like she was writing it just for me! She writes about the birth of her youngest son, which a year ago this weekend. She describes how she had horrible contractions, always at night, for weeks leading up to his delivery. I totally understand! It is great to know that there are others out there with the same feelings (emotional and physical) that I am suffering. She says that it was maybe all worth it, though, because then his delivery took less than an hour from waking up in labor to laying back in bed with her little Harper. That would totally make all this worth it! Anyway, if interested, check out her blog at http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2009/11/friday-from-the-archives-this-week-in-2008.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment