Monday, February 1, 2010

Resolution update - one month in

Well here we are one month in to 2010. By now or within the next two weeks most people will have given up on their resolutions so here's how I'm doing:
  • knitting for charity: Pass - I made a few baby hats for my friend Amy's YoungLives group for pregnant teens and a hat for the Tuition Assistance Auction at NPC. This month I plan to make at least one more item for the auction.
  • getting rid of the baby fat: Neutral - I have done some sort of exercise 5 days a week. I have enjoyed doing videos from Exercise TV that are free on demand with AT&T U-Verse. I particularly enjoy Bootyliscious Buns 1 and 2, Incredible Abs 2, and 6 Round Slim Down. I say this is neutral because I have only lost 5 lbs this month and still am a long way from fitting back into regular jeans, but I can tell that I have gained a lot of strength and endurance because I can do the workouts a lot better. I am planning on joining a Zumba Dance class this month.
  • Read one new book: Pass - I read Godric by Fredrich Buechner and am about half way in to East of Eden by Steinbeck. I plan to read Freakonomics next.
  • Devotions: Fail - I have done no better here. I just haven't made it a priority. Unfortunately this is probably the most important of all my resolutions and I have done the worst with it...
  • Family time: Pass - I love the time I have been able to spend with Xav before going back to work. Also, Mason and I have been blessed to take several date nights because X has grandparents that beg to babysit!
So, there it is. Hopefully next month will be even better!

1 comment:

  1. i need to get better at my devos too! what i need to do is say to myself no computer time until i do my devos... hmm that way i'd do them 1st thing in the am. with breakfast maybe.

    ReplyDelete